Sunday, September 03, 2006

Lonnng weekend

I wish every weekend was a long weekend, it just seems we get SO much done when we have 3 days off instead of 2. The baby's room? Painted. I LOVE it! Just waiting for Ricky to put up the moulding next week, then the crib, change table and glider will be moved in. Looks like our deadline of October 1st (for having the nursery done) will be met.

Jeff told me yesterday he had his first feelings that it may be a girl. I was shocked. Since the day we found out we were pregnant we both thought it was a boy. I just know it is. I think it's because we had Isabelle over last weekend for a sleepover and they bonded a bit, he loves and adores her so when we spend time alone with her he loves the idea of having a daughter. Then we were at the grocery store last night (yes, grocery store on a Saturday night) and there a young boy helping his dad take some bags to the dumpster and we talked about a boy is the dad's helper and a little girl is a mom's helper. But, it's daddy's little girl and mommy's little boy. I love thinking about raising a child, I rarely think past the point of having a baby and realize we are going to have a 5 year old, a child starting school, a teenager, someone asking us for keys to the car... it's crazy and we are SO excited.

Tomorrow we are having a BBQ (started off as 4 people with 2 kids and now it's 12 adults and kids) so we are cleaning the house from top to bottom, and that always includes some type of re-ogranization, re-hanging pictures, moving stuff around yada yada. Then a trip to Costco (we are having ribs tomorrow) and back to the grocery store so I can get everything I need (I'm making a brie and onion appetizer, lemon meringue pie, and someting chocolate) - everything else will be easy those are the only thing I have to concentrate on. We are hoping to make it to a movie tonight but I doubt that's going to happen cause it's already 11:40 :)

2 comments:

Christy_Ann said...

Hi Christy! Yes, it's so exciting when you are expecting a child. We went through the same feelings re: a newborn, a toddler, a school kid, a teenager. It's a great feeling. Guy is changing from day to day. Everyday he makes some kind of advance - truly amazing stuff.

You have so much to look forward to. And the nursery sounds just gorgeous.

desajair said...

ya.. everything past the toddler stage scares me witless. I'm just hoping we'll figure it out when we get there. I can forsee lots of calls to my parents apologizing for any worry I ever gave them. 8)