Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Annoyed yet again....

I think I've posted a few times about my issues with some of the staff at the places I have visited so far through this pregnancy. When I went to get an ultrasound I had to deal with a complete biatch (not the technician, the lady working reception), then I got totally confused a few times when leaving my obs office (information overload and things not explained clearly). It's like they think I've done this before so I know when and where I have to do everything. You know what? I don't. This is my first time.

So, last time I had my obs appt, I was given a few blood requisition forms. Once was for the glucose, one for rhogam and one to check my level of antibodies. So today, I get the glucose and accompanying blood work done.

I just get a phone call from the Queensway Carleton reminding me of my appt tomorrow morning (rhogam shot). I say yes, I will be there. They ask if I've had any blood work done lately. I say yes, this morning actually. They say oh - did you have them fax us the information. WHAT? How was I supposed to know to do that? When they gave me the forms they never said anything about making sure I got something done in time so they could get the info at the hospital - am I supposed to be a mind reader? She asked me if I knew the number for where I got the blood work done, of course I didn't so I said I'd call her back. I looked it up online (hence why I'm here) and called back and I get "Can I call you back, there are about 5 lines flashing here".

Ugh. Jeff's bringing home pizza, bless his little heart.

**Update** She called back, told me my dr's office should have told me about the timing of the blood tests and was actually quite nice. So i got all worked up for no reason. I'm having a big glass of freezing cold water and thoroughy enjoying it, and hoping it brings down my internal temp :)

No comments: