Monday, September 25, 2006

And the results are in....

And I'm nowhere near having gestational diabetes!

The baby's heart rate is nice and strong, he or she is active as heck and I'm a healthy healhty lady.

Ultrasound at 32 weeks (October 19th, just to make sure my placenta has moved out of the way) and my next appt with my obs. the same day. Then the bi-weekly appts start.

It's a tad freaky when they start listing symptoms saying "if this happens, go to the hospital at Labour and Delivery". My blood pressure is slightly higher than usual, but I normally have really really low blood pressure so it's not that it's high, just higher I always take my blood pressure when I go to the gym so he said if I notice it over 150/90 (which would normally be accompanied by swollen ankles) to go to the hospital. Today it measured at 123/80 so he still said I'm fine. Also, the glucose test they do every time I have an appt also checks for proteins in the urine (another sign of high blood pressure) and I have none. So I'm good.

I'm healthy, happy and I have a big old baby growing inside me. Does life get any better than this?

No comments: