Thursday, September 07, 2006

I think I'm a horribe person...

Ok, so we all know I seriously struggle with weight gain during this pregnancy. Today, I think I look perfectly pregnant. The jeans I'm wearing make me look great and the T-shirt perfectly conforms to my belly, making it look like a cute little preggo belly. I want to show everyone what I look like today. (Must remember to take picture tonight, but by the night time I never look as good as in the morning, but anyways, this isnt the point). The point is, when I'm feeling fat and ugly and just have the pregnancy-ugs, I often find myself reading blogs about people who are struggling to get pregnant, reading about their desperation to get pregnant and know they would slap me silly if they heard me complaining about a 20 lbs weight gain.

Then I realize how (#*&$(&#$ lucky I am to have a 26 week old baby inside my stomach and so far this pregnancy has gone perfectly as planned.

I use other people's nightmares to my advantage, how horrible is that?

I don't know... I just don't know if this is a normal way of thinking, I think I'd like to find other ways to get me out of my slump than compare myself to others less fortunate than me.

3 comments:

Christy_Ann said...

Don't be too hard on yourself... I gained 35lbs during my pregnancy and I couldn't have cared less!

It's just weight - it's not permanent. I feel the same way about bad haircuts...

Besides, you will be so busy once the little one arrives you will have no time/forget to eat!

PS. It's an interesting thing, but a mother's priorities really change after giving birth. Weight etc will be the last thing on your mind. We are programmed to really focus on the baby and all its needs at that time...

Christy said...

Thank you, it's what I needed to hear.

I can't wait to focus my energy elsewhere, and where better then this new little one about to come into this world!

Miss Gogo said...

I don't think that is a horrible way of thinking. Sometimes you need a little bit of a reality shot to realize how well things are going for you. It makes you appreciate what you do have.