Sunday, September 10, 2006

I love kids....

So, as we know from yesterday's post, I had the kids overnight. I took 'em around 1, we went to grandma's house and had our nap, got up, got into our snazzy new clothes (there were so many sales yesterday, I went into Please Mum and got the cutest camaflouge skirt for Isabelle and a little racing jacket for Ethan) and went to the surprise party. My sister has done an amazing job at raising her children. They sit at the table while eating, not running around like all the other kids, they use their napkins to wash their face and hands and they don't scream and cry and all that nonsense.

We left around 8, went home, we cleaned up (brushed our teeth, washed our face etc) and then got into our king sized bed. I love nighttimes with them, they say the most adorable things while we re-hash all we have done that day, they ask all kinds of questions about the baby (they know he or she will make his or her appearance when the snow comes) and they are all cuddly and snuggly.

I left them in the king sized bed and I went into the guest room into our old queen bed (which now seems so small) then at 6:30 I heard footsteps coming towards my door and Ethan just looked, smiled and said "hi". Now we are watching Dora and going to take a bath shortly.

1 comment:

desajair said...

That is so cute--you're so prepared for your baby. Other than holding my neice a few times, I've never even held a child. never looked after kids, and I've never babysat.

Oi. What a learning experience this will be!