Sunday, September 28, 2008
Monday, September 22, 2008
- At the park yesterday, in the middle of playing, he ran over to Jeff with his arms wide open to give him a hug.
- He was starting to get "afraid" of the dark, so we put his "Goodnight Moon" nightlight in his room and he quite likes it. When I went to check on him last night his head was right beside where the light is.
- After a bit of persuasion he ended up staying in the bouncy tent for half an hour last night. All his friends (Jaeda, Grace, Maisie, Justen, Mirabel and Jack) were in there just bumping into each other and trying to jump
- I was lying on the floor in his room (cozy cozy time) and he put Iggle Piggle beside me and looked at me and said "Be Nice". I've never heard him say that before!
- Seconds after saying "Car coming" on our walk yesterday he said "Watch Out". Where does he get this stuff? I love it.
Sunday, September 21, 2008
Friday, September 19, 2008
Jeff and I cut Carson's hair at home. There's no way he would let anyone else near his head with something buzzing, so we sit him on the back deck (or his wagon) and let him watch the cars while we cut his hair. I always thought we used a number 4 clipper so I suggested a number 3. Turns out we normally use a 5, so we should have used a 4. Now he looks like a little hoodlum!
Before: After (with me):
The pictures don't even do it justice. It's short. Too short. The only thing that keeps me going is that hair grows. Heck, I cut my hair too short all the time!
Here's the mayhem that ensues when Ethan and Isabelle come to visit. Carson LOVES his cousins, he talks about them all the time. Abel and Enan.
Friday, September 12, 2008
Tuesday, September 09, 2008
These nights, before his bedtime, he's been wanting to get "cozy cozy cozy" on the floor with his mom and dad. We play with the super soft blanket, we all lay down (actually, we lay down in the specific places he tells us to) and I wanted to get pictures of him laying down but as soon as he sees the camera he wants me to show him the pictures on the screen (especially the movies) so it kind of makes it hard to take pictures.
Anyways, it's getting a bit harder to convince him it's bedtime when he's having so much fun. And tonight? He wouldn't let me leave the room after I put him in his crib. So, I promised him I would sit in the chair while he fell asleep. I tried sneaking out at one point but then a few minutes later all I heard was "Mommy, chair. Mommy, chair" So I went back up, sat in the chair and minutes later he was asleep. So long as it doesn't become a habit, I didn't mind at all. It was cute watching him fall asleep. He wraps his blankie around his toes over and over while trying to fall asleep....
I think it's getting a little afraid of the dark, he alwyas wants the lights on. I think I have to go find him a nightlight.
Sunday, September 07, 2008
He's absolutely blowing Jeff and I away with his words these days. He's normally stringing three or four together (mommy ball up here, daddy blankie cozy cozy, mommy mon aside) He's fricking cute as heck!
And he's wild. Just wild. We stopped by Bulk Barn this morning and he was yelling and laughing and running up and down the aisles (but not a terror, he doesn't pull, yank, jump or break things) and saying hi to everyone and playing peek a boo with the cashiers. We went to an open house and he was flinging himself on the toddler ottoman and wanting to get up and jump on each of the beds. I know he's growing up (he's 21 months!) but I guess it's happening so fast, most days I wake up in constant amazement at the things he's doing.
We've had a fun last week, and tomorrow is back to normal and back to Sheena's. I asked him if he wanted to go see Sheena tomorrow and he said no, he said see Grandma. And Carrie. Then he said Grandma - Carrie, like 30 times in a row (must call Carrie to tell her, she'd be happy). But I know as soon as we show up to Sheena's house tomorrow he'll be happy, he missed them when he's away too long.