Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Can I go back to sleep now?

I'm caught in a vicious cycle. I get tired around 3pm but by the time I get home, I have so much energy that I go go go until around 10 - hit the sack, am dead tired the next morning (I wake up at 6) (due to my night of naps strung together, not a solid sleep) and it just keeps going!

BUT, this does mean that I've been making it to the gym which is always a bonus. I don't do much mind you, the elliptical or the treadmill (read: no weights) but it gets my heart rate up a bit and burns a couple hundred calories. Last night I was on the treadmill with an incline of 4.0 and I started to get twingey cramps in my stomach, so I put it down to 1.0 and just kept walking and I felt normal again.

Did some groceries (was out of carrots and celery!), made a yummy comfort food dinner (Jeff is at home sick since Monday with a chest cold/body aches/pounding head etc) - Chicken A La King and it was delicious.

Today, I'm tired. Like, really tired. The string of naps throughout the night is just not cutting it anymore. Maybe I need to nap in the afternoon? I always feel so much worse when I wake up from a nap that I avoid them like the plague. Maybe instead of doing a million things every night I will just relax and take it easy every third night.

Lying down on the couch while watching TV isn't cutting it for me either. We did a quick re-arrangement of furniture in the basement and now I have my own comfy-ass chair that's awesome for my back, and an ottoman of sorts to elevate my feet. I was in heaven while watching House last night.

I'm wearing a hand-me down pair of mat pants today (really nice, all different shades of grey stripes (including black), flare pants but I don't like the way it shapes my belly - good thing I didn't spend money on them. But, I do have a credit note at Motherhood so I may take a wander over there after work tonight (then I PROMISE I'm going home to relax).

(Can't wait for Jeff to get better. 1/ for the obvious reason, I don't like my husband being sick and 2/ so he can put the crib and change table together! But that's the selfish part of me talking)

No comments: