Friday, September 22, 2006

Could it be...?

Last night, I had my first ever dream that this baby was a girl. In the dream, labour was a breeze and in less then a few minutes I had a new baby girl in my arms. I remember telling everyone who came in to the room that I couldn't believe it was a girl - they had told me it was going to be a boy (this part of course is not true, no one has told me it's a boy) and we were just so not prepared for a girl.

It's funny, I'm so utterly convinced it's a boy that I never have any thoughts about what it would be like to have a girl. But really, it's a 50/50 chance. They say that about 70% of the time when the mother has a gut feeling about the sex of the baby, it's right. But who is they and how did they come up with that statistic? So today I'm all confused, my mind is racing about the simple fact that we don't know if it's a girl or boy and now this new possibility has entered my head, I can't stop thinking about it.

Other than that, I love my husband. He's truly the best out there, he knows me so well. He's been so incredibly wonderful during this pregnancy, he treats me like a queen, and just always puts the biggest smile on my face.

A conversation we had last night:

Me: My fingers still hurt (background: I was making sugared almonds for our salad and when taking them out of the pan, one of them stuck to my finger and b/c of the hot sugar is burnt really, really bad)
Jeff: Is there anything I can do?
Me: I think ice cream will make it better
Jeff: Do you want to go to Dairy Queen
Me: (After a two second pause) No
Me: But that was very nice of you to offer (DQ is nowhere near our house)
Jeff: I knew you were going to say no anyways.

See, that's how well he knows me.

And it's Friday, which makes me happy. I think I slept on and off for 9 hours last night, these days it doesn't seem to matter, come 3 oclock I could have a nap! It's funny, they say you start getting tired again during your third trimester, and I swear it's only been this week that I feel I could sleep for days on end. Again, who is they? but I assume they know more than I do.

This weekend? Dinner with Nadia and Sean tomorrow night and so far those are the only plans. I know, we haven't had only ONE plan for a weekend in ages! I think we are going to finish patching the walls to get ready to be painted (next week), finish the closet in the nursery. Arrange the nursery, choose fabric for the curtains (that Nadia has agreed to make for me!) and maybe make a trip to Babies R Us. I still haven't decided if I want to register or not. I would (obviously) rather not, but I have people from out of town asking where I'm registered and friends of the family etc... so it would be easy for THEM if I was registered. But we have all the big things, so it would be mainly for bedding, blankets, nightshirts (onesies is apparently the word?) and just all small stuff. So it seems kind of pointless but I'll run it by Carrie and see what she thinks. I guess I could always register for a highchair, I know I don't need one for a while, but if I'm registering I may as well.

I just had the most tasty oatmeal with baked apple muffin

No comments: