Saturday, September 09, 2006

I love Saturday mornings....

Even though I'm always up at the crack of dawn, today I did something I haven't done in months, maybe years. I stayed in bed. For 2.5 hours. I read, I talked on the phone, I checked the weather network (yes, we are one of those horrible TV lovers who have a TV in their bedroom) and then I watched 'Vanished' from Monday night (it was PVR'd).

Then I got up, had some Rice Krispies, threw on a laundry and came here to check a few things.

I'm having a great morning so far.

I think I'll head into my mom's to see how the garage sale is going (It's the Ottawa South Garage Sale today), then quickly head over to Bayshore to wander and maybe buy a few things (I want a pair of black maternity dress pants for the surprise party I'm going to tonight).

I'm happy, I feel good, I look good, I love my belly and I love the little bean who's constantly kicking and moving (and he responds when Jeff talks or sings into my belly!). Yesterday at work, I spoke to three different doctors (who I work with) who all said they see blue in my future. I become more and more convinced every day that it's a boy. So I am checking out the baby name book again, there are a few names that tickle my fancy but I have to wait till my husband is home to see what his take is on them.

This two lb munchkin inside me is becoming more and more real every day. I talk to him, I sing to him (only when I'm alone), I think about him & us every day and how much our life is going to change come December and I get tears in my eyes becuase I am so excited. I love him or her. No matter what he looks like, no matter if he sleeps well or not, I am just going to love this baby to death.

4 comments:

Christy_Ann said...

I agree with Alea. It makes me remenis to my own pregnancy and the huge excitement I felt about it all. It's such a lovely time and I'm glad you are enjoying it!

... it makes me want to have another one! FYI: that will not be happening!

Anonymous said...

what a great post :) you sound so happy! and now i'm even more excited about this little babe in my belly who i can't wait to meet!!

Miss Gogo said...

I agree with everyone. I had such a big smile on my face while reading your post. The excitement is one of the greatest parts of pregnancy!

Christy said...

Thanks ladies! I find I often post about my issues with the weight gain, but now that I'm slowly getting over that I have been focussing on actually *being* pregnant and it's one of the greatest things ever.