Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Glucose Test...

So I took the glucose test this morning, the drink was nasty. I think the majority of the reason why is because I can't stand carbonated drinks, so it made it really hard to drink. But I drank it all, sat for an hour and then had my blood done.

My right arm, the vein was really deep down so she tried to get it and it hurt like a biatch so I told her to stop. She looked at my left and voila, a big blue vein just sitting there. Why wouldn't they check the other arm as soon as she saw how deep the vein in the right arm was? Ugh.

Will hear the results at my next dr's appt on Monday, and I should get my requisition form for my ultrasound at 32 weeks to make sure my placenta has moved out of the way.

4 comments:

Miss Gogo said...

Ugh, poor you. I hated that test and I am a pop addict. It's just so sweet.

desajair said...

LOL--I'll probably LOVE it. I'm definitly all about the sweet!

Its the hour wait that is going to kill me.

Hmmm, I guess I could always just refuse the test, but that's probably asking for trouble isn't it?

Miss Gogo said...

Yeah i wouldn't refuse. If yu do have gestational diabetes and it goes undetected, that's bad news.

I actually had to do the test twice. The second time, I had to fast for 12 hours, get blood taken, drink the drink, wait an hour , then get more blood taken wait another hour and get more blood taken.

Talk about hell!

Christy said...

And I heard alot of the times they can get a false positive (about 25% of the time) and the second test is much worse. I'm really hoping my level is fine, I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I just brought a book, the wait was fine. I don't think the test is optional like the IPS is....like gogo said, you wouldn't want gestational diabetes to go undetected.