Monday, September 25, 2006

Monday, yet again.

Here we are, the start of another week. Overall I guess I had a pretty good weekend, dinner with Lisa, Kaethe and Jeff on Friday night (Yum, Thai!), Saturday just chilled out, did a few odds and ends around the house and then went to Nad and Sean's for a yummy dinner, lots of talking and a few games (we LOVE playing games when we get together).

Nadia is joining aquafit with us, so I'm super excited. Her nursery for Sofia is so adorable, it looks fantastic! They laid down gorgeus dark hardwood floors, the walls are painted a light purple and she has beautiful curtains and adorable little girl's clothes already hanging in the closet, I recognized a cute sun dress I had bought for Maya, I think it's so great how all the kids clothes are making the rounds through all the neices and nephews (Grant to Ethan, Isabelle to Maya, Maya to Sofia and who knows where we will be getting ours from?). So who cares if I apay $30 for an outfit, more than one kid is going to wear it!

Sunday we spent the morning cleaning up the nursery, so all that's left in there is actual baby stuff (rather than some of my pre-pregnancy clothes, shoes and other things we were keeping in storage). Jeff put together the closet organizers and I think they are going to do the job just perfectly. We kind of put the furniture where we thought it may go, but I think I may rely on my mom's advice to help finalize it, she has a good eye for that kind of stuff. I've heard you shouldn't put the crib on an outside wall, but the outside wall is the best place for us to put it, and we think that they may have said that with older houses, but it's a new house so I'm sure the outside wall isn't cold. When winter comes, we'll try and see if one wall is colder than the other.

Sunday afternoon Jeff and I went and did some errands around the city, at the top of our list to find laundry detergent for kids. My sister LOVES the Ivory Snow (it smells JUST like baby) but we have the front load washers, which use the he (High efficiency) detergent and there is no kids laundry detergent in he! Argh. There is a scent-free dermatalogist recommended one, but it doesn't smell like anything (yes, I know, scent-free). So I'm going to have to google away today and try and find a HE ivory snow type detergent. My mom picked up two boxes of baby clothes (newborn and up to 6 months) from Carrie and is going to wash them and hang them on the line (there's NOTHING like clothes that have been hung to dry on the line, they smell so yummy) for me. There is a box of boy's stuff, and a box of girl's so we'll be set no matter what comes out.

Last night Jeff made his speciality chili, Kaethe Peter Jaeda and Justen came over, we had a great visit (all h3ll broke loose as they were leaving because Jaeda realized she really did want to watch Cinderella over Dora (her earlier choice)) and Justen was freaking cute as ever, a tad fussy but they think his teeth may be coming in). Kaethe had made a delicious apple crisp, and around 9ish I was off to bed.

Today, my monthly appt at 10:45 with the results of my glucose test, hopefully hear the little guy's heartbeat and then after this I think my appts start every 2 weeks...

I've written much too much, it's not just a pregnancy journal it's all all-purpose journal, don't feel obligated to read it :)

Oh, and two more possible names for a boy: Lucas (Luke) and Hayden. Jacob and Max are outsies. Possible middle names: Charles, Jonathon and Reid.

5 comments:

desajair said...

I love your names. 8) My SIL's best friend just named her boy Hayden and its so cute. And of course, I love the name Jonathan, but I may be biased. 8) As well, I LOVE the name Charles (or Charlie, my grandpa's name) but it just doesn't work with our boy name, so our middle name for our boy is O'Connor.

Christy said...

I LOVE your middle name that you chose!

Charles (Charlie) is a common name on both our sides, as with Jonathon (which may even be a contender for the first name!)

Is that how Jon spells his name? SOmetimes I've seen it Johnathon but I think I like Jonathon better....

desajair said...

Jon's name is spelled Jonathan, with the "a".

We still need a girl middle name to go with Kaylee (I still don't know how I'm going to actually spell Kaylee, kailei, kaelea, kailey, oh so many choices) but we figure we'd work on that if we find out next week if its a girl.

Hmmm, looking at them all spelt out together, I think Kailey wins!

Miss Gogo said...

Hayden was a boys choice for us too! And I love Kaylee (whatever way its spelt) but it sounds weird with my last name!

Christy said...

I like Kailey and Kaylee the best.

I think we may do Haden as opposed to Hayden, I saw it in the baby name book last night....

I think Haden and Lucas are our top two now.

Wait to talk to me next week though :)