Sunday, October 01, 2006

Oooowwwwww

My freaking back. It hurts. I just tried to lie down for a bit and I can't get comfortable on either side, so I'll just stay out of my bed (although it's been a super busy weekend so I'd love to still be there). My stomach isn't doing so hot today (is it possible to get morning sickness in the middle of your 7th month?) so I'm just drinking lots of water and just finished a cherry popsicle.

I went to Walmart, Loblaws, Ikea and Shoppers all before 11 this morning. I was on a roll. Among my purchases:
- Adorable crib sheet I couldn't pass up (I know Kaethe, you told me not to but I couldn't resist)
- Pampers Swaddlers (it felt really, really strange to buy diapers)
- Curtain rod to finally hang the curtains in my kitchen (was waiting for the end piece to be in stock at Ikea again)
- collapsable drawers to put in the change table (not sure if this is the solution or not, but worth a try)
- Two espresso-finished book case type thing from Loblaws (all their furniture was on sale, this was regular $129 on sale for $49, how could I say no?) which will be fantastic for the office

Jeff finished almost all the painting today for the furniture and the moulding for the nursery. Mom and Ricky are coming over for dinner and helping me place the furniture in the nursery and because I STILL cant' find HE detergent (scent-free OR children's stuff) I will give her another load of laundry to do with the Ivory Snow. I went to 5 different places this weekend looking for the damn detergent. If I find it (which I know it's out there) you can believe I'm stocking up! Aren't most people buying the front loaders now? I don't understand why there isn't more a selection of the HE detergents......

AND, I am no longer Auntie Kiki to Isabelle, spent a few hours with everyone yesterday (we all showed up at mom and rick's for a few hours - Carrie, Rob (E & I), Nadia, Sean, me and Jeff) and Isabelle called me Auntie Christy repeatedly. I love hearing my real name but I will miss Kiki... at least I have Ethan still saying it.

5 comments:

desajair said...

I see Tide Free HE everywhere... were you looking for that or that other "dermatologist" stuff you were mentioning...?

Miss Gogo said...

What???? You have to buy special detergent for front loaders???? Why?

I know the sadness when a child starts calling you by your real name. It's so cute the way they learn to say your name. My niece called me Pistine. Haha. But I loved it....

Your poor back. Hopefully the pain will ease up.

Christy said...

I went to two Walmarts (Barrhaven and South Keys), Loblaws (Barrhaven, College Square, and South Keys) and didn't see Tide Free HE anywhere!

Ugh - everywhere I went the shelves were almost empty of detergent.

I'm looking for that and the Purex infant detergent (HE).

Gogo - it's because the regular detergent is too sudsy! (ok, there is a better explanation but that's the simplest term)

desajair said...

Oh... I saw some (Tide Free HE) Saturday night at the Loeb right by my house.

Christy said...

Heh, probably the only grocery store I haven't visited. Loeb.

BUT good thing I'm out that way tonight, I will be stopping by Loeb to pick up (and STOCK up) on Tide Free HE!