Friday, October 27, 2006

Christmas

My parents live on a street that my step-father has lived in since the 70's, and we moved into in the late 80's, so they know everyone on the street. There was a Lebanese family that lived across the street (the grandfather was 105!), they eventually moved out and were renting it until their grandson bought the house a few years ago. Him and his brother were the nicest people (good looking to boot!) so we became friends and I would go over and visit, they would come over swimming, we'd hang out. They moved a couple years ago, Fadih built a house in Manotick and Fouzy (I know the spelling is wrong, I'm going by how to pronounce it) got married and moved to Barrhaven. I've run into them a few times over the years - but not since I've been pregnant.

They called me Christmas. I can't remember them ever once saying Christy, it was just always Christmas.

My mom ran into Fadih and he asked about me, my mom told him I was pregnant and expecting in December.

He smiled and said "I'm so happy that Christmas is having a Christmas baby"

TGIF!

4 comments:

Miss Gogo said...

What a cute story! How was your Keg dinner?

Christy said...

It was delicious!

(I'm still digesting)

:)

Anonymous said...

Awe, that is so cute.. I am born in December (9th)... I refer to myself as a holiday baby because it is one month of holidays, birthday and christmas :) one big party month, as your baby will have as well!

Christy_Ann said...

What a great story!... Being named Christy also, I have had some pretty strange nick-names. I suppose you get Twisty and Crispy too???