Sunday, October 15, 2006

Nursery Pictures

You can see on the bookshelves hanging on the wall that we still have to putty a few of the holes and cover up with paint, but that's where they are going to stay. You can see on the bookshelf with the word "Sweetie" on top, that's where the light saying 'Lights Out' is sitting (beside the Curious George book that was our first baby present, from Kerri).

Yesterday we went out shopping and I bought a really cute lamp that has a blue shade with yellow stars on it, and the base of the lamp is a yellow moon and a yellow star. I'll have to take a picture. We also bought a small white ceiling fan for the room, it was pretty cheap, so just instead of a light we decided to get a fan.




2 comments:

Marathon Someday said...

So much to comment on!!! Loved all of the pictures - thanks for sharing.

I love the nursery - the colours are wonderful! When I was shopping around yesterday, I almost picked up the same style lettering as you - but I'd like "Sweet Pea" (and couldn't find it!). You've done a great job!

And your belly shot is adorable! Isn't it amazing how different it feels now, from several weeks ago? I remember when I thought I was really "showing" (at like, 16-17 weeks) - and that was nothing compared to now.

And finally - a question for you. We just got our crib yesterday, and the mattress is actually sitting quite low (even though it's at the top peg). In your picture, the mattress is quite high. Is this a "standard" thing, where the mattress should sit for a newborn, or does it vary from crib to crib?

Christy said...

Thanks! I've seen sweet pea somewhere, I think at Babies R Us actually (there were only two, one was Angel and one was Sweet Pea) but they were just plain white.. if I see them again though I will let you know.

Oh, it's amazing when I look back at all my stomach pictures, just when I think I'm big - th enext week, I get even bigger!

For the crib, the mattress is at the highest level (there's only two levels), but the crib 'wall' is also at the lowest level, so it may look higher in the picture then it actually is. I got my crib from my sister so I never actually looked at new ones, so I don't know if they vary from crib to crib... sorry!