Monday, October 23, 2006

It's snowing...what does that mean?

Carrie called me yesterday afternoon and told me that it was snowing outside. Ethan, Isabelle and Carrie were looking out the window at their house and saw it snowing. Carrie tried to get them all excited for Christmas and said "Look kids, it's snowing! What does that mean? It means Christmas is going to come and who will be here? (implying Santa)". She said Isabelle got all wide-eyed, and ran over to her full blast and said very very excitedly "Christy's baby will be here!". Then her and Ethan started jumping up and down and saying "Yay, Christy's baby is coming" Then Isabelle (being the teacher like girl she is) said "wait wait wait, we have to be careful because the baby is going to be little".

God, I love those kids. I should have figured that would happen. Whenever I talk to them about the baby in my tummy, we always say the baby will come when the snow is here (at that point, the winter seemed SO far away) - so I should have known that the first day it snowed they would think the baby would be here. Kids are smarter than you give them credit for.

Kids better be allowed in the hospital after this baby comes, it would break my heart if those two couldn't come in and see our new baby.

2 comments:

Marathon Someday said...

Aren't kiddies the best?

I had my shower yesterday afternoon, and my little nephew (4.5 years old), was asking what was in my tummy. I told him there was a baby growing. He looked perplexed, and exclaimed, "you mean, you ATE the baby?!" It was very adorable.

My mom's having a shower for me next week (yesterday's was my MIL), and as I was saying goodbye to my nephew, I told him I'd see him next week. He asked me why, and I said, "another baby party for me"...and once again, he exclaimed, "You mean, you're having ANOTHER baby?".

He says he wants a little sister. I jokingly responded, "Coming right up - just for you!".

Love him to bits.

Christy said...

They just say the absoloute cutest things. Hehehe, I love that he thought you ate the baby.

How was the shower?

Did you get lots of yellow and green (for us not-knowing-the-gender parents to be?)

:)