Tuesday, October 24, 2006

33 weeks pregnant...

Wow. How time flies, when you're having fun.... Ok, so calling it FUN is a bit of a stretch, but I have been enjoying being pregnant for the most part.

Sleeping is becoming a bit of an issue. I just can't find a comfortable position. Every time I turn over, I wake up. And everytime I wake up, I realize I have to pee (I don't know if the baby is on my bladder or what, but it HURTS when I have to pee in the middle of the night). I'm back to the whole string of naps for the whole night, not one consecutive sleep.

I took Monday off (yay) so my mom and I are going to do some major work on the nursery (getting as close to being finished as we can before filling in the gaps after the baby showers) and on the kitchen (we got a new pantry type storage thing so now I have to re-arrange everything in the kitchen to make room for bottles, formula, bibs, baby plates/dishes etc...). Out of 5 weeks left of work, I have 2 3-day weekends. I am actually going to maybe talk to my doctor about taking 3 weeks off before the baby is here, the only reason is the darn back pain! It's at work when it all starts, and then lasts throughout the night and it's pretty uncomfortable and painful. I know it's normal, but it's getting harder and harder to deal with. If I have to stay until 2 weeks prior, I'm totally OK with that, it's not the work part of things - right now it's just my back! Hopefully it goes away :) Maybe that's wishful thinking, but I'm going to hope!

4 comments:

Marathon Someday said...

Christy - I am SO not sleeping either. The scary thing is, neither is my husband - and I think it's all my tossing and turning. I am really uncomfortable too - I can't seem to stay on my left side without something falling sleep. And then when I move to my right side, and drape my legs over my pillow - the baby starts "poking" me a bit, as if to say, "go back to your left side, please!". And then I have to pee. And then I'm hungry. It never ends!

Put it this way - we're in training for sleepless nights ahead - at least then, we won't have to show up to work looking decent! Or wear tons of under-eye concealer!:-)

Marathon Someday said...

p.s. I'm in envy of all your organizing! I hope to get things in shape when I'm off work.

When is your baby shower?

Christy said...

Yep - my husband I were both awake the majority of the night, I'm SURE it's my tossing and turning that's keeping him up!

Very true, I guess it's Mother Nature's way of getting us prepared for what's to come.

I have a shower on the 4th of November (VERY cool joint shower for my sister and I, she's due just shy of 3 weeks after me) and then one at the end of November with my girlfriends - kind of a drink/potluck/non-baby shower baby shower (just my style)

Anonymous said...

I remember those sleepless nights. LOL I think it is Mother Nature's way of getting us prepared for all those night feedings!

Can't wait to meet our new little niece/nephew! It won't be long now. :-)