Tuesday, October 17, 2006

32 weeks!

What’s Happening with Your Body?

Your expanding uterus is pressing against your diaphragm, and you may find it more difficult to catch your breath. This will get better once the baby "drops" (usually about 2-3 weeks before delivery). Try sitting up straight, and try sleeping in a propped up position.


It's funny, but over the past week I've caught myself inhaling deeply once every hour or so, I just need to get a really deep breath every once in a while.

Swelling of the feet is normal in advanced pregnancy, but if you experience facial swelling, severe headaches, abdominal pain or nausea, contact your doctor immediately. You may be suffering from pre-eclampsia.

Nope, none of these, thank god.

What’s Happening with Your Baby?

A baby born now would have an excellent chance of survival, with the right care. He has grown to about 16 inches in length and weighs approximately 3 and a half pounds.

I'll find out just exactly HOW big on Thursday at my next ultrasound.

5 comments:

Marathon Someday said...

Cool! I have to go and check out my 30-week one today.

And that's really neat that the husband can announce the sex of the baby! I had no idea!

Love your belly shots - you look fab!

Christy said...

Does your week start on the Tuesday as well? That's kind of fun!

Neither did I, a friend of mine told me I can tell the doctor to show my husband the baby first... my sister actually requested that but the doctor forgot for the first baby (she had twins) but then her husband told her the second one was a girl!

Miss Gogo said...

I just have to tell you I absolutely LOVE all the colours in your house. When i get my new house I will be getting all the paint colours from you!

Christy said...

Of course - I have all the paint tins in the basement!! Thanks, I love the colours too, I normally find them in decorating magazines and a few just from merely looking at swatches.

When do you move??

Miss Gogo said...

Not until April!