Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Ah-ha!

I was getting confused reading my different baby books about the length of the baby at this stage in my pregnancy.

My day by day journal reported around 12 inches, and my pregnancy week by week book and my online sites said the baby was about 17 inches, so I was always confused. But, if I were to pay closer attention, I would have realized in the day by day journal it refers to the crown to rump length and the other ones must be referring to the full length.

It just clicked yesterday. I could blame it on the baby brain, but I think I'll chalk it up to reading too fast.

I can really start to feel the weight in my stomach now, if I get up too quickly or lean forward too much I can just feel this weight in the front that I've never had before.

It's amazing how quickly I get winded now, this morning the fire alarm was going off at work and when we could get back into the building, the elevator wasn't working so I walked up the 6 floors (which I must note, I walked up all the time before I got pregnant and for the first 5 or 6 months) and I was out of breath by the time I got to the top.

For the longest time, all the people I know who had a baby recently were all late (couple days, a week etc...) but now all I've been hearing is babies coming early. Alexis was just telling me that Grant was 3 weeks early (which I probably knew at the time, but have since forgotten), which would mean about 6 weeks away for me... crazy! So, just to be prepared, we have a deadline to have the house all ready in a month (which is an easy goal, we don't have much left to do) just in case the little guy decides to make an early appearance. I know it's not likely, but I'd rather be prepared than not.

(I've found a boy's name I LOVE but Jeff isn't going for it because of a stupid football player's name... Payton... I love it!!)

2 comments:

Miss Gogo said...

I LOVE Payton! I was considering it for a girl though. Its one of those really nice unisex names.

Christy said...

I never heard of it for a girl's name, I think I like it better for a girl --- hmmm a new curveball, thanks Gogo!!! ;)