Sunday, November 05, 2006

Weekend stuff

Jeff and I did all out Christmas shopping for the kids on Saturday morning - it took two hours, the store was INSANELY busy (Toys R Us) but we did it, it's done. SO happy.

Saturday afternoon was the dual baby shower for Nadia and I. It was fantastic. There were tons of people there, so it was nice to see everyone and catch up, as alot of them were from out of town or that I haven't seen in a while. It was great sharing it with Nadia, we opened our presents at the same time so not everyone was looking at me (I'm not one for being the center of attention). I got spoiled and got tons of wonderful presents - the people in my life are way too generous. I got a ton of cute little outfits, a high chair, the humidifier, sterilizer, set of bottles, nursing pillow/babysitter, books (including a medical book that my friend said she wished she had when she had her son, I'll post the name when I look through my bags), stuffed animals, bibs, toys, blankets (oh so soft!) and a ton of other stuff. Lucky for me I took the day off tomorrow to finish the nursery so I can put everything away.

After the shower last night, I took the twins back to my house for a sleepover. God those kids are adorable. I was pretty tired after the full long day, so I went to bed at the same time they did, we all got into bed together :) Of course, again today with the snow fall (eek!) they started jumping up and down because they know the snow means the baby is coming. Now anytime anyone talks about the show they always go on about my baby, I love it :) They were a tad confused though, because I bought a newborn outfit for a girl, and oen for a boy. Then whichever one we have, my mom will wash the outfit and bring it to the hospital and that's what we will take them home in (also with the cutest white linen over the top sleeper thing, thanks again Jules!). SO now ethan and Isabelle thinks that I will have two babies, one girl and one boy. Which makes perfect sense in their minds, because, well, they are twins and one girl and one boy.

Lisa and I went shopping for a few hours today and picked up some necessities that I needed for the nursery (baby monitor, change table pad, mattress cover, diapers, diaper bag...) We went to Walmart (hint: some of the stuff is cheaper there then Babies R Us) and then to Babies R Us, I finally feel that if the baby came next week, we'd be ready. Ok, not necessarily mentally ready, but physically ready - yes.

I'm sitting downstairs with my wonderful husband, we just made a batch of spaghetti sauce and are having garlic bread with it for dinner tonight. Then I have tomorrow off, my mom is coming over to help with the nursery, Ricky is coming to be his regular handyman with a few things around the house....then aquafit tomorrow night.

Life is pretty good these days, and it's only going to get better!

2 comments:

Marathon Someday said...

Your shower sounded lovely!!! Glad you had a good time, and good luck getting the nursery all finished up tomorrow. How exciting!

Another Tuesday is just around the corner...you'll be 35, and I'll be 33!

Christy said...

I know! And I gotta say it scares me a little - especially after picking up stuff like baby wash, diapers, wipes etc yesterday!