Tuesday, November 28, 2006

38 weeks!

Where does the time go?

I'm exhausted. I left the house at 8am and just got back at 8pm. Went out for a yummy breakfast with Kaethe and Julie, then went shopping for Christmas presents and baking goodies, then went and spent 7 hours baking at mom's with Nadia and Carrie! All that standing, baking, cleaning etc... really took it's toll on me. My back is quite sore and my feet hurt. But, that's what I get for being 38 weeks pregnant I guess :)

Although, now I do have oodles of Christmas cookies and squares for the visitors we are bound to get once Baby G decides to make his/her grand entrance.

We purposely left the Civic at Mom and Ricky's tonight (Jeff met me there) so I don't have a car tomorrow, so inevitably I will stay home. Otherwise, I get ansy and I always have to get out during the day. Tomorrow, I won't be able to go anywhere (except for my walk) which is a GOOD thing. Remind me of this tomorrow after lunch when I'm itching to go out. I have a pedicure booked for Friday, a Christmas party Saturday night and dinner at our house on Sunday night.

I'm starting to sit on my exercise ball at night (hey, they use it in the hospital to help bring on labour, anything is worth a try!) and I think I may start lifting heavy things again ;)

7 comments:

Marathon Someday said...

Wowza!!! Could be anyday now, which is sooo exciting.

I hear you on the exhaustion (except, you've got two weeks on me, so you deserve to be more tired!). I don't know how I'd even be functioning if I was still working.

And your baking sounds soooo yummy.

Good luck with the exercise ball!;-)

Miss Gogo said...

Have lots of sex ;o)

Miss Gogo said...

Did you pack your hospital bag yet?

Christy said...

I took the bag I will be using out of the basement, and it's sitting on the stairs to go upstairs now....

I have my toiletries packed (cause I used to use them at the gym) and the baby stuff in the diaper bag (wipes, diapers, etc...) but I just have to put it all together!

Marathon Someday said...

I was going to suggest romancing your husband as well.;-) But Miss Gogo beat me to it.

Oddly enough, there are studies that say that bedroom romance can DELAY labour close to the due date! Who knows? Baby G will come out when he/she is good and ready!

Marathon Someday said...

Okay - and what is with this insane having to pee every two seconds? Sorry if TMI - but I'm getting a bit tired of it!:-)

Christy said...

I totally understand - I take a sip of water and 2 minutes later I have to get rid of it. I try to stop drinking around 7ish but still get up probably 8 times during the night to pee.

Driving me crazy too.