Friday, November 17, 2006

Almost off work....

3 more days left. I haven't been off work for longer than two weeks in over 8 years. (Edit: I think I was off for 2 weeks + 3 days for our wedding last summer)

I'm pretty sure I had my first contraction last night. Jeff and I had just got into bed and I was lying on my left side and a menstrual cramp feeling started, but then got painful, uncomfortable and I had to control my breathing while it was happening.

I've never had a contraction before so I can't say for sure if that's what it was or not, but it happened. Jeff looked at me and asked if I wanted to go to the hospital, I said no, I'm pretty sure it's just going to be pretty much happening on and off for the next little while. I'll let him know when I think it's time to go. Either way, we decided to get my bag packed this weekend. I doubt I'm going any time soon, but why put off the inevitable? It has to get packed sometime.

Yay for Fridays, tonight is dinner at Julie and Tim's, tomorrow is a birthday party for Ethan and Isabelle, tomorrow night is maybe the Sens game, Sunday is breakfast with Kate and LJ and then babysitting the twins in the afternoon while Carrie and Rob go to the home decor center and pick the hardwood, cabinets, counters etc... for their new house. Much easier to do without 2 almost-three year olds!

I don't eat alot of sugar, so it's funny because I'm drinking OJ and as soon as I started to drink it, Baby G started going nuts, sugar rush maybe?

5 comments:

Miss Gogo said...

Packing your bag is always a good thing!!! What I did was I packed my bag and then left a list on top of the bag with things I could only pack last minute (like camera and stuff).

Contractions!!!! Oh how exciting! In less than a month (hopefully) you'll be a mommy!!!!

desajair said...

anyone want to email me a list of what they packed/needed at the hospital? I'm clueless, I got jammies and a toothbrush so far... and some clothes and diapers for Kailey.

Miss Gogo said...

I packed a camera, shampoo and shower stuff, a couple of pairs of undies (cause who knows what icky stuff will get on them post birth), a housecoat, slippers for sure, I also packed a list of names and phone numbers that Fraser needed to call post birth, CHAPSTICK!!! (I found the hospital so dry and had to send Fraser out to get some for me), some mindless magazines for something to flip through, clean maternity clothes since sometimes what you wear going in (like pants) can get icky especially if your water has broken. Ummmm, that's all I can think of at the moment. I'll let you know if I can think of anything else useful.

Christy_Ann said...

Snacks! My labour lasted 30 hours and my hubby needed something to keep HIM going!

Christy said...

They'll give you a list and tons of great suggestions on your hospital tour!

They say to bring a shirt that opens from the front, so if you are breastfeeding you don't have to list your whole shirt up (in case you are uncomfortable baring it all in front of people)

Snacks (like Christy-Ann) says, because the cafeteria has strange hours - and really, who wants food from there anyways? Slippers, comfy clothes, housecoat etc...

If the Civic doesn't give you alist, let me know and I'll give you mine.