Sunday, November 19, 2006

Weekend musings....

Friday night's dinner was fantastic - thanks Jules and Tim. I've been craving more of your caesar salad all weekend now. Ethan and Isabelle's birthday party Sat morning was great, and chaotic. So many people, so many presents, the kids were on overload - so a tad cranky. Imagine having twenty different people shoving presents at you, trying to take your picture... I'd be cranky too. But, just a few minutes of crank and then all smiles again.

Then Jeff and I went to Bayshore, Reno Depot and FutureShop. Bayshore - a few more Xmas presents, Reno Depot to get the faux wood blinds for the nursery, (they were more expensive then I was anticipating, so we didn't get them. Apparently they will cut the blinds for free (our window is an irregular size so we can't buy any of the already cut sized blinds) - whereas at Home Depot you have the buy the custom blinds in order to get them to cut it for you. But, I'm going to check out a few more places before we head back to Reno) and finally FutureShop to talk to someone about cameras and camcorders. We need to buy one of each soon, so we are trying to narrow down which ones we want - so many choices! I think we are pretty sure what we want now.

Last night Kate and LJ came over for a yummy steak dinner, they brought a fabulous oreo cheesecake (doesn't it just SOUND fabulous).

And then, I fell in love with a hot water bottle and went to bed. I still have that really annoying pain on my right side at the top of my stomach and it kills. It feels better when I push down on it or, as I discovered last night, when I keep a hot water bottle on it.

Baby G is kicking up a storm and the crampy feelings are happening more often now, I really hope that's a sign of things to come, early. We are starting our nightly walks tonight, like Julie said - I just want to walk the baby out of me. I still have quite a ways to go, but I can try and do things to speed the whole thing up.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Christy!

Love reading your blog! Thanks for keeping it updated.

Just a suggestion for the digital camera stuff (I'm a photographer). Make sure you test it out and that there isn't a drag to taking the picture. Some of them take part of a second to take/capture the picture after you've hit the button and those ones are so frustrating for parents because you'll just miss the expression or pose your child was making. I hear about this over and over again when parents come in for pictures. Optical zoom is so much better then digital and the higher the megapixel the better.

Just my 2 cents.

All the best to you and your family!

Christy said...

Thanks for the tip! It's funny, that's exactly why we are getting a new camera. We have a 3 year old Sony PowerShot or something like that and it takes like 10 seconds for the darn picture to take, especially if you try and take one after the other.

I'll look for the optical zoom... do you have any suggestions for the best point and click one out there?

Thank you!

Anonymous said...

I would buy anything Canon or Nikon. But you're right there are so many of them out there to pick from, all with various price tags attached. Depending on your price range I'd buy something that has no drag when taking the picture, optical zoom, highest megapixel you can get and the other thing I didn't mention is battery power. If you can find something that uses a lithium-ion rechargeable battery rather then spending your life savings on AA's. And I'd make sure you have a simple way to get the pictures from the camera to the computer and then every month back up your images to CD/DVD just incase your computer ever crashes.

Hope that helps. I use the Canon Digital Rebels and love the quality and camera itself. I haven't used alot of point and shoot cameras so I couldn't say for sure which ones are better then others.But if you google "point and shoot digital camera reviews" you'll find tons of unbiased reviews online.

Have a great day!