Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Update on pediatrician

I've decided not to go with my own family doctor, I would rather the baby have an actual pediatrician then just a family doctor. Peter was over last night and said that the pediatrician on call at the time Jaeda was born took her on as a patient AND he's in the same building that our family doctor is in. I asked Jeff to talk to Dr. G when he went in on Monday to see if he could give us a referral (in case they work in cahoots) and I will ask Dr. F when I go in Friday to see if he has a list of pediatrician's accepting new patients.

Peter said their doctor is amazing, really thorough and great with Jaeda and Justen. So I'm gonna try and wrangle myself in there.

5 comments:

Marathon Someday said...

So many updates!

I'm still not sure what I'm going to do about the pediatrician. I have an OB appointment next week, so I'm going to ask then (whether they refer).

SO glad that your nursery is done! Now, the waiting game begins.

Today is my first official day off work...and after I'm done my blog visiting (and maybe blogging myself!), I'm off to make my "to do" list.:-)

Marathon Someday said...

Question for you - where did you start doing your stroller/carseat research? And what did you end up buying?

I've no idea where to start! A friend of mine is recommending Peg Perego - but other than the $$ difference, I'm not sure what else to look for...

Christy said...

Congrats on your first day off work!

I was really lucky and am getting my carseat/stroller from my good friend as her daughter has grown out of the infant car seat and so she's passing it onto us. It's a Graco, that's all I really know. She also gave me her jogging stroller (I have awesome friends) which is a Trek I believe.

You can always check out consumer reports (http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/babies-kids/child-car-booster-seats/reports/index.htm) for more information - but other than that, I was getting stressed not knowing what I wanted, so much easier when the decision is made for me :)

Marathon Someday said...

Thanks, Christy! I'll check out the Consumer Reports.

And yes, you're lucky to have such good friends who'll supply you with baby gear.

Man, am I going to empty my wallet out at BRU these next couple of weeks!

Marathon Someday said...

You're totally right about not spending on luxuries right now. But if truth be told, it's hard to know the difference between "luxury" and "necessity" when it comes to babies these days, you know? Like, a baby monitor or a carrier or....

Too bad you live in Ottawa! Otherwise, we could roam the malls together with our babies from time-to-time, looking like sleepless zombies.:-)