Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Holy emotions!

8:00am - my mom calls.

Tells me she was just lying in bed thinking of what a nice person I was. I went over there last night so I could see the twins all dressed up and go trick or treating with them. My mom said - you are just all about family and do so much for everyone. You're always thinking of ways to surprise people, help people out and do everything for everyone else but yourself.

I cried.

8:30am - I sent the e-mail below to Carrie and Rob with the subject "I'm afraid"

Of how much I'm going to love my own kids when I know how much I love Ethan and Isabelle. Thanks for letting me tag along last night for their first trick or treating, I kept thinking of them all night and would just giggle to myself. They are so fricking cute and you guys have done such an amazing job at raising them - they didn't cry when you said we were all done, they didn't put up a fuss, they are perfect little children!
Love a very proud Auntie Christy

9:00am - Rob responds:

You're the best aunt ever!!! They love you so much. You're also going
to be the best Mom. Baby Gallant is so lucky!! The Boyd family is
looking forward to meeting the newest bundle of joy.
Rob

I cried

9:00am

Jeff and I decided a few weeks ago to buy a new digital camera for when the baby comes, our is old and is getting to be pretty poor quality. Because I maxed out my EI contributions early this summer I've been getting more money each paycheque, so I have quite a bit saved up from that. I said we'd buy the camera with that money, and he told me that I could spend that money on myself, he has been squirreling away money for such an occasion.

I cried.

Footnote: ok, when I say "I cried" it doesn't mean I was sobbing, bawling and have red streaks over my face. It means that my eyes got watery, maybe a tear dropped (but maybe not) but it's still 'crying' in my books.

I'm so lucky to be constantly surrounded with people who I love so much.

3 comments:

Miss Gogo said...

OMG. You are making me cry!

Christy said...

Heh, sorry! My friend Kerri just left me a message saying I made her cry too!

Marathon Someday said...

Awwww - I cried too. I'm such an emotional wreck these days!

You WILL make a great mom - 100%!

I feel the same way about my two little nephews. Whenever the older one (4 years old) sees me, he comes running to me for a big hug. And he hates leaving me. And it makes my heart want to break with joy.