Thursday, November 02, 2006

Only Thursday..?

For some reason, this week has just dragged on.

I can't wait for the weekend - tomorrow night the gang's coming over for dinner and then Saturday is my shower and then I have the twins overnight. Sunday I think Jeff and I are hitting up Toys R Us to start and finish our Xmas shopping for all the kids (8 nieces and nephews and 5 other kids to buy for!) BUT I took Monday off, so I will be enjoying a nice 3 day weekend. It's another 3 day weekend the next weekend too, so really the countdown begins and I have 16 days of work left.

That's scary, I have SO much left to do at work!

5 comments:

Miss Gogo said...

Wow. Only 16 days of work left. How exciting! I had the countdown going from about 16 weeks of work left! I was really excited to be off. Ohhhhh, shopping at Toys R us. I LOVE that place! I always spend too much whenever I am there!

Marathon Someday said...

Christy - you sound totally organized, you'll be fine!

I've got 3.5 days of work left. And it's a scramble right now. My life is insane - I can't wait for some breathing time.

Of course, I'm procrastinating by reading blogs...so I'll get back to it!:-)

Have fun at your shower this weekend - can't wait to hear all about it!

desajair said...

16 days! Wow!

Did you have to get a note from your doctor?

My 6 week countdown begins Monday, I'm so excited to be off!

Christy said...

I will have to get a dr's note only because I'm taking sick leave as opposed to maternity leave.

Everyone here is looking at me funny cause I'm not taking more time off.

desajair said...

Ya, that's why I was wondering if you needed a note--my comp advisor is telling me I don't (she says I need one only if I'm borrowing sick leave), but I'm going to get one just in case they come back and ask for it.