Monday, November 13, 2006

Days Off...

Are great, but I've realized I will have to keep myself busy for the three weeks I'm off before the baby comes. I can't stay inside the house all day (unless I'm really sick), I just go crazy.

By about ten this morning I knew I had to get out of the house. So I did. We went to get the flu shot, went out for lunch, did a bit of shopping and then came home and finished my thank you cards.

So now I have a list (I LOVE lists) of one thing to do each day for the first three weeks I'm off work. If the baby comes early, well not everything has to get done, but at least I can keep myself busy if the baby doesn't come till he or she is supposed to. The list doesn't contain the normal 'clean house/do laundry/make dinner' things, just above and beyond the normal every day living things.

I'm getting SO excited to find out if we are going to have a daughter or a son! Jeff now thinks it's a girl, he's going for a girl - Dec 7th - 7 lbs and 12 oz. I am going for a boy - Dec 10th - 8 lbs 3 oz.

We'll just have to wait and see!

Oh - Oprah is GOOD today. It's about listening to the different baby cries and what each one means. I stopped watching it (it's being PVRd) and I want Jeff to watch it with me.

2 comments:

Marathon Someday said...

I'm totally with you, Christy! I'm swimming in lists right now, and I've even got a schedule of stuff to do!:-)

I'm definitely not the "eat bon bons" and watch soaps all day kinda gal. Except for once in a blue moon. Or else, I go mad!

Christy said...

I know I'll probably be kicking myself once the baby comes and hoping for one of these "nothing to do days" but .. hey that's life.