Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Snuggles

Carson has started to go for one nap a day (for the most part) and now he's gone from having two two-hour naps a day to one hour and a half nap a day. And he's been waking up super early. But, his demeanor hasn't changed whatsoever, so I figure it's just a phase and before I even question it, he will be back to sleeping like his regular self. I was talking to Kaethe last night and she said it was probably cause he was so wired about daycare and all the new changes, and he's too excited to sleep. Just like his mom :)

Does anyone notice anything particularly funny about his hair? I want to bring him to get a haircut, but Jeff has vetoed me.

Daycare is going so well, he hasn't cried once which makes me SO happy. And each day he seems less and less interested in us when we pick him up (one thing I will not be selfish about and be sad that he's OK to be with other people).


Anyways, onto the point of this. Yesterday when i got him up from his nap, he was a little sad. I got him out of bed, he leaned towards the ground (it's how he lets me know he wants down) so I put him down. He laughed and then started towards whatever had caught his eye. Then he looked back, realized he wasn't with me anymore (even thought it was HIS choice), let out a little cry and put his head on the ground and then scrambled back towards me. After doing this a few times, I decided to get on the ground with him. The same thing, except when he scrambled back to me, he would lay his head down on my lap for a few seconds, and then he was off. Then I decided to lie right down on the ground, and the same thing kept happening except this time he kept coming back to me and kissing me! I could have stayed there for hours getting all this cuddly attention from him. I wonder if it has to do with the fact that he's with someone else during the day (up till now only halfish days) and is that much happier to be with me now? Whatever is, I will take it. Make that a double.

This was the best $8 I ever spent. I bought him this truck from a consignment store and every morning as soon as we get downstairs, he looks around until he finds it. He plays with that truck at least 80% of the time he's awake. Seriously.

No comments: