Saturday, March 31, 2007

Picture Day!

Yesterday was spent shopping, sleeping, and visiting the Gard-Imbert house (where Justen took his first steps!) Today we are heading downtown to stroll around the market in the beautiful sunshine and may stop for lunch.

Starting yesterday, Carson has decided to suck his thumb. He LOVES it. We normally offer a soother at night or when he is in his car seat (nowhere else though) so I'm somewhat surprised that he started with his thumb. Last night when I got home I when to peek in on him (like I always do) and there was his thumb, in his mouth and he was just givin' it. I was going to take a picture, but I didn't want to run the risk of waking him up.

We also tried him for the first time in his new Jumperoo and he loves it. He only lasts about 15 minutes in it, and he'll bounce a few times and play with the little tray toys. It's one more "station" for him.

A few pictures in his bumbo:



In his new jumperoo!

Out for a walk in his big boy stroller:


3 comments:

Marathon Someday said...

Cute pictures, as usual. Carson looks absolutely smitten in his bumbo!

Raiya has really taken to sucking her fingers. At first, we thought she was just discovering her hands. But now, we notice that she does it to soothe herself. We haven't had much luck with the paci, unfortunately - we try, but sometimes she won't take. Especially for car trips, it gets hard sometimes. She sucks her index and middle finger right before she falls asleep.

Tonight, we move her to the crib (ack!). I hope the transition goes smoothly, but I'm expecting little sleep tonight.

Hope you had a nice day in the sunshine!

Christy said...

Good luck tonight!!

Carson has been sucking on his fingers for a few weeks now and I thought much the same as you, I thought he was just discovering them. Actually, first he was shoving his whole hand into his mouth.

It's cute though, I won't worry about the dental repurcussions until he has teeth :)

Good luck tonight!! I'll be in touch tomorrow to see how it went. it seems to me that whenever I think Carson is going to have a hard time with something, he doesn't. Then something I think he would be so good at, he has a hard time with. Go figure, it's their job to keep us on our toes.

shaners said...

'scuse me for my dumbness but whats a bumbo? is that like italian jammies or something. mischevious looking little devil I say. Giv'em hell lad !! Giv'em hell!!!