Monday, March 19, 2007

What a weekend!

Even Carson is recovering, he's going on hour 14 of sleeping :) With a quick nurse at 5am he's been sleeping since 7:30 last night and it's currently 8:30. Last night I found a notepad where I kept his sleep/eating schedule for about his first month. It's amazing how quickly we forget things. This one night he was up every hour to eat. I can't honestly remember those nights, it seems like he's been sleeping through the night for so long now. They say you forget those times but I remember at the time thinking "there is no way I'm going to forget this". Well I did.

This weekend consisted of:

Friday: a long cold walk in his Baby Bjorn, dinner out at Kaethe and Peter's Friday




Saturday: Julie and Tim's for dinner



Sunday: breakfast with the whole family, 8 adults and 4 kids, minus Dino and Alexis, Grant and Maya because they are in Florida, church with Nad, Sean and Sofia and then Julie, Tim, Kaethe, Peter, Kate, and 5 kids for yummy steak dinner last night.




When everyone left last night, Jeff and I, we were exhuasted. I think we ALL slept great last night. We kept commenting last night on how are nights together are going to get so much crazier, as all the kids grow up, more are added to the bunch. It was pretty loud here last night. As Kaethe was leaving (and kids were crying because they didn't want to leave, didn't want to get dressed up, didn't want to leave each other etc... etc...) "And you think alot of wine was consumed tonight... just wait until a few years from now".

Good news from church, but we have to wait until things are finalized before I blab on here (this is the church where Jeff and I were married).

May 5th - Kate and LJ's stag. Which means, I have about 6 weeks to lose as much weight as I can. My BIG goal is June 30th, but this is just a mini one :) This past week I lost 2 pounds, so I'm getting there....



5 comments:

Marathon Someday said...

Firstly, wtg on the 2lbs - I'm sooo proud of you!:-)

And those are awesome, awesome pictures of Carson. I love the one of both of you on the stairs.

Sounds like you had an incredible weekend!

Marathon Someday said...

Oh - and I posted the answer to your question on my blog...

What happened to our gorgeous weather? Is it chilly in Ottawa today? It's about 2 degrees here..but feels like -12!

desajair said...

you should post some of your month's night journal--I for one would love to see I'm not alone in the every hours sometimes!

Last night I got a five hour stretch between feeds... she fed at 7, then at midnight. I was amazed. Of course, that translated into a 3 hour sleep for me by the time I got her asleep, and good thing too since today is first day alone! Oh my!

desajair said...

oh and those pictures--adorable. 8)

Kristen said...

That's awesome about the 2 pounds, keep it up! I love the pictures, Carson is such a cutie pie :).