Thursday, March 01, 2007

3 months today

Dear Carson,

Where does the time go? Today is March 1st and you are three months old. Everyone said once you came along I wouldn't be able to imagine my life without you. To be honest, the first few weeks I wished to be pregnant again and sleep all day and not have to worry about you. But now I wouldn't ever want to go back to before you were here.

Every day your dad and I threaten to throw you against the wall because you are so cute (ever since I was a little girl if something was so cute I would talk about wanting to throw it against the wall because I couldn't stand how cute it was). Each day is something new. A new face, a new expression. Now when we talk to you (your dad and I are both big chatters so we are constantly talking to you) you talk back. We stop talking and you talk. You blow raspberries. You stretch your arms high above your head when we pick you up. If we are holding you against our chest your bum sticks far out and your legs are pulled up to your chest. You have a little whimper, a cry, when you are tired and nursing at night. You sleep like a baby. You are predictable, we know when you need your nap (one hour, almost to the minute, after you wake up in the morning). You laugh at us, with us. You smile constantly. You love the toy bunny that Kirstin gave you. You love books. Your favourites are Guess How Much I Love you, But Not the Hippopotamus, Goodnight Moon and Baby Beluga. You love music, Raffi and the collection of Music for Children (Disney) songs especially. Daddy and I both sing to you and it calms you right down, or brightens you up depending on what song it is. You love your classical music that we play when you are going down to bed for the night. You are growing so quickly! Just last night I told your dad how I get sad when I have to put the clothes away that you've grown out of. Especially your favourite outfits. Or, I guess at this point it's my favourite clothes on you.

Your dad and I love you so much. Every night before we go to bed, we check on you. We often will call out to each other (through the monitor) to come see, because you are so adorable the way you are sleeping. I send pictures to your Dad throughout the day because I'll get such a great shot of you I think he needs to see it. He always rushes in when he gets home from work to take you from me and snuggle you because he's missed you so much. I miss you at night while you are sleeping and can't wait till you wake up so I can see what new things will happen today (ok, not all the time, but most times).

I can't wait for the days, weeks and months to come.

Love your mom

2 comments:

CrYs said...

oh my.

that was the greatest thing i've read in ages. your little man is so lucky to have a mommy like you!

now i need to go mop up my tears.

Miss Gogo said...

thanks for making me cry....