Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Mommy's first night out

Last minute I was invited to the hockey game last night, Jeff convinced me to go and so off I went with Kaethe, Peter, Kate and LJ to dinner and then the game. The whole time I was thinking about Carson and wondering how the night was going back at home. Not that I doubt Jeff's abilities as a father, but I just kept thinking about them and missing them. Sometimes I joke about wanting to have a night out, without being a mom. But, it can't be done. Out of sight but definitely not out of mind.

Today I was looking at him, sprawled out on our bed (we usually hang out on our bed while jeff gets ready for work in the morning) and I just couldn't get over how big he is. He was stretched out and reaching for a book and I can't believe how long he is.

We are at home taking it easy today, he's down for his first afternoon nap and I'm doing some laundry, playing around on facebook and making roasted red peppers. As I joke with Jeff (constantly) am I the most efficient I've ever been!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi there. Really enjoying your blog. look forward to seeing what you're doing every day. Glad you had a night out. Carson is really growing. Wish i was close-by. Give him a big noisy kiss for me. Love you guys. Grammy.

Marathon Someday said...

Sounds like you had a nice time out!

I think I'll be heading out solo tonight - either to the mall, or even just for a latte and some contemplation.:-)

I just realized that I haven't had a "break" from the babe in 2 weeks now!

Christy said...

Carson can't wait to see you again Grammy! He talks about you all the time :)

Sonya - it does me a world of good to get away for a little bit, no matter how short a time. But I always miss him like mad.