Sunday, January 28, 2007

Lazy Sundays...



Yesterday went by quickly, we had so much to do. Lynne, Dwight and Sienna came over for dinner (yum - we made a roast, garlic mashed potatoes and green beans with Jeff's salmon cakes for an appy) . Today we took our time waking up (Carson slept from 9-3:30 (longest stretch yet) back to bed at 4, slept till 6 and then back to bed for another hour), I went back to bed for two hours and now Carson is back asleep. He was so tired (the more he sleeps, the more tired he gets) and when he's that overtired he fusses for about 5 minutes and then just crashes. Like he did here, on Jeff's chest.

Today we are heading over to Mom and Ricky's, with the whole family (4 kids, their spouses and 6 grandchildren) for lunch - Mom and Rick are leaving for Florida on Wednesday, they are going for a month, so this is their 'goodbye' lunch. Then we are going to head to Home Depot to pick up blinds for the gaffer's room and then maybe to Canadian Tire to pick up a small CD player for his room too

This is Carson leaving Grandma a message this morning:




I'm getting excited as I start to plan my three trips this summer. Well, one trip doesn't require much planning, it's our annual trip to PEI (July). Jeff and I are going to Edmonton in May (my birthday weekend!) to visit Grampie and Nana and Auntie Sam. Then in August, my mom and I and Carson are heading to Vancouver for a week to ten days to visit Kim, Kara and Anne! I need to look into what luggage you can bring on a plane, I think you can bring two pieces of luggage plus a high chair/playpen etc... plus you can bring your stroller right up to the plane and they will check it for you. So if Mom and I each only bring one bag for us, then we can bring a playpen, carseat and stroller. Carson goes through lots of clothes a day, but at least they are small :) I know it's too early to start looking for seat sales, but I'm keeping my eyes open.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there. so glad to read your blog & see the gorgeous little boy. i agree he looks a bit like you too Christy. That was a cute way to congratulate Erin & Jan. Hope to hear from susan & Rick. Grammy is sick today...on oxygen hope she improves. Give that boy a big kiss for us. Talk soon. Love you all Mom & Dad