Wednesday, January 24, 2007

A few trying days...

I think he's still going through his growth spurt. He hasn't been sleeping as solidly during the day as he usually does. Yesterday he only had like hour naps intermittently throughout the day, whereas normally he'll crash for a few hours at a time. Last night he slept from about 10:30 till 2 but then up every hour and a half past that to feed. Right after he feeds he goes right to bed but it's the constant eating.

Today is a bit better, he woke up at 6:30 and went back to bed at 8:30 and woke up briefly once at 9:30 to feed and is back asleep now. He's not necessarily crying when he's up and being fussy that way, he just doesn't want to sleep. I have been reading horror stories about other moms who babies never really sleep during the day so I still think we have it pretty lucky. And for 3 days out of the almost 54 that he's been alive, we are definitely lucky.

I went a tad bit stir crazy yesterday, but at least we had adult company (our financial advisor came by) to break up the day a bit. I'm waiting for Mr C to wake up and I've got his clothes laid out so I will change him, getting him dressed, put him in the car and off we go to Bayshore. I have about $500 in gift certificates for him (and some for stores that I could shop for myself!) so I want to see what's out there.

Right now I'm at the highest weight I've been in the past couple of years. My maternity clothes don't fit (thank GOD) but my pre-pregnancy clothes are too small (I didn't realize my butt got bigger!) so I need a few things to get me through these in between months. Luckily I'm not at work so I don't need to buy fancy nice stuff, and I love living in lounge clothes (even to go out!) and these are the types of clothes I love to buy, so maybe I'll pick up a thing or two for me too today :)

1 comment:

Miss Gogo said...

I know what you mean. I lived in matenity clothes for about a month after Ava was born and then luckily I had a friend who still had some "fat" pants. I lived in them for months and now I've put them away in my maternity clothes box so I won't have to do that again!

Have fun shopping!!!