Thursday, January 18, 2007

Cousins...

It's crazy what a difference 5 weeks makes right now, but a few months down the road and even more so a few years down the road, they are basically going to be the same age (yet in different grades).



I went to my 6 week check up appt with Dr. Farrell (no internal exam, thank God) and it took me 2 hours to get into see him past my appt time. Now, I'm fairly understanding but when you are waiting with a 6 week old for 2 hours? Thankfully Jeff came with me, and even more thankfully Carson slept the whole time, but I was quite annoyed. At least I don't have to go back there until baby #2.

Being burped by Grandma....



Being cute in his playpen....



P.S. Isn't it funny (yet somewhat annoying) that someone can make fun of you or make you feel like an idiot for doing something and then later on down the road they do the same thing? Do you say something, or just keep it in mind for the next time they make you feel that way?

3 comments:

desajair said...

I'd totally say something--well, depending on the person of course. If it was Jon, I'd totally rub it in and get as much fun as possible out of it (but so would he!). But if it was an aquaintance, I'd probably just let it go...

Carson is so cute! Can I come over and just eat him right up? LOL--JK.

And that school thing--do you have a choice when to start him on school? Or is it written in stone that if you're born in XXXX year, you have to start school in XXXX year... if so, doesn't seem fair since Oct-Dec babies will be SOOO much younger than their classmates, especially when you're only 4 or 5 year old!

Christy said...

My mom told the twins she wanted to eat them up and Ethan replied "Gamma belle and I don't eat people" Too funny!

If they are born before Dec 31st, they can start when they are 3 (so they will turn 4 in Dec of that first year) but if you are born after Dec 31 then they can only start when they are 4.

But for us, we can choose to start him when he's 3 (he will be young) or 4 (he will be old). We are thinking to start him when he's 3. I have a few friends who have birthdays in Dec so are younger and they got along just fine. I spoke to a few teachers about it and it all really depends on the kid - if Carson learns slowly we will start him a year later but if he's good and ready, we'll start him early!

desajair said...

Oh--ok, that's awesome you have the choice!