Friday, January 19, 2007

7 weeks!

I can't believe it's been 7 weeks since we had Carson. He's changed so much since then and looking at pictures from when he was born, he seems HUGE now. He's getting into a bit of a routine now, he has around 2 morning naps, one long afternoon nap and he's in bed somewhere between 7:30 and 9 each night. Then he sleeps for about 5 hours. I'm sure it won't be like this forever and we'll have some ups and downs, some setbacks and some steps forward but for now we are loving the routine. It's been a bit hard for me, I've always been on the go and doing everything all he time, but with him I've had to be at home more (obviously) and try to schedule everything around him. But I'm getting used to it and it's not as bad as I was anticipating. I still go out every day (so mom and baby don't go crazy looking at the same 4 walls!) but we are both settling into a routine that we both seem to be pretty happy with.

I went to Kaethe's house today, she was having a playgroup. It was great to talk with other mom's about what's been working for them (it's made me feel good about giving him a bottle of formula once every couple days, there are some kids who won't take a bottle at 8 months!), what hasn't worked, and great ideas, tips and suggestions. Books can't tell you the same things that other mothers can. I will definitely be trying to meet more moms to get together with. All the ones from today, and my two closest friends head back to work within the next month. I do have a few in mind that I will recruit :)

Jeff got a car starter installed in my car today, which is fantastic! I've been going out to start the car to get it warmed up before I put Carson in (but it hasn't been too bad cause we've had a pretty sweet winter so far) but it's going to get colder and it will definitely come in handy.

Tomorrow night we are having the gang over for dinner, Sunday morning I have brunch with a few friends and I have to see Carrie, Rob and the kids (I feel like I've abandoned them since Carson came along) somewhere in there too.

I'm off to bed now.

2 comments:

Marathon Someday said...

Cute picture, Christy! And that's awesome about the playgroup. I'm looking for one here, downtown.

BTW - about your school start post...I'm a December born gal, and got along just fine, even though I was a year behind. In fact, I turned out to be a bit of an over-achiever.;-)

desajair said...

Playgroup? Hmmm...

I need to find me one of those after my mom leaves. I'm feeling a mite bit, oh, I don't know, cut-off might be the word, and I don't even have the baby yet!