Monday, May 19, 2008

He just loves us

And doesn't want us to go away :)

The only time he seems to be having problems with now is going to sleep. And only at night, not at nap time. He needs one of us (it's been Jeff lately) in the room while he falls asleep. It only takes ten minutes, but it works. We tried going in every 5 minutes and reassuring him that we are just outside and if he is quiet and tries to sleep, we will come back in in 5 minutes. But he gets more and more hysterical. So, sitting with him till he falls asleep seems to be working well, and we don't mind doing it (again, Jeff doesn't mind), but we are just wary of him getting used to it and needing it. If it's just a phase, so be it, it's really not bad at all.

I say this while it's not what has been the witching hour yet. The pattern seems to be him waking up during the night every second night. Tonight is the second night, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I spend the whole night in my own bed.

No comments: