Tuesday, May 20, 2008

At least he stuck to the pattern....

Around 3:30 again last night it started. I went in 4 times to just "shush" him to sleep (he falls asleep if I just keep saying ssshhhh ssshhhhh) and he'd fall asleep within seconds. Then about 5 minutes later he'd wake up crying again. So once again I made my little bed on the floor and "slept" till 5:30.

For the first 15 months of his life we had a single bed in his room, specifically for this purpose (before we were parents we assumed there may be some nights we'd need to sleep in his room), and we didn't use it ONCE. We took it out to make room for some toys and a play area and only now he starts waking up.

We've just been spoiled. He was always a good sleeper, so I'm not used to having my sleep interrupted. He just is letting us know we thought we had it easy, and he couldn't let us get away with it.

I'm going to go back and read some of my sleeping books, google the crap out of separation anxiety and sleeping and see what is suggested. If I knew it was a 2 week phase, I'd just give up and sleep in his room when he woke up, but like I said yesterday I don't want him to get used to it and then NEED to have me there. Where are you magic 8 ball?

No comments: