Sunday, June 03, 2007

Yay but nay

For the past two weeks or so, Carson has been freely flipping over from back to front and front to back. This is great! He's reached another milestone and I love seeing the new things he can do and he always seems proud of himself when he does it.

However, as we all know, Carson sleeps on his stomach. Now when I put him down for a nap, he immediately flips onto his back so he can look at his mobile, play with the mirror on the side of his crib (I hope it's not a sign of vanity! ha ha) and then when it's time to sleep he can't get comfy. Once in a while he'll flip right back onto his tummy and realize that this is his favourite way to sleep, but it's by accident. It's not like he rolls back onto his tummy because he knows that's how to fall asleep. At least I don't think so.

Anyways, now he doesn't go to sleep for his naps as easily anymore. He sometimes cries for up to ten minutes. Which I know tons of people go through all the time, and always have, but I'm not used to having to let him cry. But I dont' want to go up and flip him onto his tummy or else he won't figure out how to do it for himself. If he gets really angry, I do go up and help him figure it out, but otherwise I'm letting him go on his own.

It's hard, but it's gotta be done. Thankfully this hasn't happen in the middle of the night yet.

Roast is on, acorn squash with apples (yum), green beans and salad is ready to go. Jeff picked up Erin and Jan from their flight in, and they are just travelling back from Montreal. Carson and I are waiting, playing and about to go outside and water our garden.

No comments: