Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Father's Day

I'm so lucky to have married such a wonderful man. A man whom I knew would be a fantastic father. People look for different things in their partners, and one of the most important things to me was "Would I want to raise a family with him". And the answer was, undoubtedly, yes. He's just proven what I've always known.

He loves Carson to death. Every night Jeff and I sneak into Carson's room and look at him. Jeff points at his bum when it's in the air, and we check under the blanket to see if his feet are crossed. With him feet crossed, and his hands under his tummy, he sleeps exactly like his Daddy does.

Jeff finds it hard to stay in bed once I start to get up to go get Carson. He often tells me to wait while he whips on a pair of shorts and comes into Carson's room with me. We start talking quietly as soon as we get into the room and he looks around for us and starts to smile. As soon as he spots us, he gives us the biggest toothless grin (You still can't see his tooth when he smiles, it's not fully out yet) and starts to kick his legs. It's adorable. You can never get tired of it.

Jeff loves reading to Carson, playing with him, giving him baths, spending tummy time with him and just being with him. They hang out together and Carson LOVES his Daddy.

And so do I.

Happy Father's Day Jeff!

And to my Dad, Ricky and Jerry.

Happy First Father's Day to Jeff, Sean, Phil, Jon, Damien, Brandon, Mike, Mundeep and Graham (Jan - you'll be mentioned soon enough!)

Happy Father's Day to all the dad's that I know out there.


*******************************************************************************

Guess who sits up by themselves now? That's right - Carson. There's a picture below to prove it. It depends on the surface he's sitting on (it's easier on the grass) but he was sitting up for a good 5 minutes. And there's a silly picture of him and I, I was trying to take a picture of the both of us.






This is what Carson and I made for Jeff for Father's Day. We went to the Mud Oven and painted a ceramic frame and then they glaze and bake it. Carson loved getting his feet "painted" but when we tried to put his foot onto the ceramic, it took a bit of coaxing to relax his feet. His toes are always squished up so we tried pressing down, but the right foot just never got relaxed enough. But I guess it will always be a reminder of this time! I'm SO not artistic so the paint job is not the greatest (plus, Carson was sitting on my lap playing with the paint brushes).


4 comments:

Marathon Someday said...

Awwwww - what a nice blog post! Thanks for the shout-out - I told hubby and he was quite happy.;-)

What a cute card for Father's Day - sounds like daddy is worthy of lots of love and affection today. Hope you're all doing something wonderful as a family.

And woo hoo for Carson sitting up!!! Yay! Raiya started sitting up last week. She only lasts for 10 minutes or so, and then gets wobbly - but it's awesome nonetheless. It'll be great when I can sit her up and step away for awhile.

They are growing soooo fast, aren't they? I feel like in the blink of an eye, we'll be sending them off to university.:-(

Happy Father's Day, Jeff!!!!

Marathon Someday said...

Oh - and you look gorgeous in your picture. You need to post one of you "solo", so that i can see the full effect of your foxy new 'do.:-)

Amy said...

Amazing post Christy. :)

desajair said...

*tears*

so sweet 8)