Monday, June 18, 2007

Marking the date

Someone was just mentioning a soother in one of their sites and I would say it's been about a month since we have given Carson a soother. I still had one in my diaper bag and I tried it aout 3 weeks ago when he was overtired while we were shopping, but he wanted no part of it. I remember stressing so much about when the time would come to have to take it away, and now I realize I didn't have to stress at all.

It's funny, how much I will stress about something that in the long run I find out isn't so important after all? (That's after chatting with Tarrah). She said something along the same lines and it ran go true. I remember before Carson was born I was stressed about his room. I wanted to make it perfect and everything had to be just so right. And really? The colour of his walls, the pictures I insisted we hung before he came, the curtains - it really doesn't matter. But I think maybe I do that to prevent myself from stressing about the bigger things, the things that are important.

So, I'm going to try and just live in the now and not worry about something too much until it's necessary :) Jeff always tells me that. Don't get me wrong, I'm not all stressed out all the time, it's just to say that yes when I do stress, it's about the silly things.

1 comment:

Marathon Someday said...

Your garden is soooo beautiful. That's my biggest regret about not living in a house, you know? A garden is such a peaceful sanctuary. Wonderful job you've done.

As for the worrying - ha - you're so right. Raiya doesn't take a paci either, instead she has found her thumb. And I'm quite stressed about it - how am I going to wean her off it? But I'll cross that bridge when I get there. For now, I should be thankful that she has learned to soothe herself, I suppose.

Hey - where do you find these other mommy blogs? Any that you'd recommend?