Saturday, May 19, 2007

The weekend is here

And I couldn't be happier! The sun is out, our fence is built, the hockey game is today at 2, it's the long weekend, what more could I ask for?

Yesterday afternoon marked the first day that Carson chose not to nap. At all. But he was in good spirits, so we headed out to Julie and Tim's for a BBQ. I figured Carson would sleep on the car ride over. Nope. Then we fed him dinner, Jeff gave him a bottle and I figured he would crash in Maisie's crib. Nope. He wanted to be included in the fun. So he sat downstairs with Jeff for a while, then got really sleepy so we said goodbye and headed home. 5 minutes into the car ride he was asleep. A successful transfer to his crib, and it was lights out until 6 am this morning. I'm going to assume today will be filled with naps, that usually happens a day after he doesn't get much sleep.

He's squealing now. A.lot. It's really kind of cute, experimenting with different sounds he can make and it's quite funny. He'll honestly sit there for about half an hour and just screech, squeal, yell and then laugh. I really should get it on video. I haven't taken video in a long time, and I should. Jeff and I went through the blog the other day and watched the video I had posted and it's almost like I had forgotten what he was like back then. For some reason I can't post video anymore, but I should be taking it for my own viewing pleasure.

Today is filled with gardening plans, putting the top on the gazebo, getting the yard ready and then hopefully hitting the Corel Center for the RED ZONE before/during the game. GO SENS GO!!!!

No comments: