Saturday, May 05, 2007

Hip Hip Hooray

It's the weekend! We had a busy week, cousins from England coming to stay, big long walks, shopping, cleaning (the cleaning lady is on vacation!), BBQs and now it's the tulip festival this weekend. I really want to try and make it down there and get some Carson-in-the-tulips pictures but we'll see. Kim is visiting from Vancouver, it's Kate and LJ's stag tonight, we're staying the night at mom's so we don't have to take a $50 cab ride home (and grandma and nono are babysitting Carson tonight) and then tomorrow we are having a big family BBQ.


Carson woke up at 5am the past couple days in a row but let me sleep in till 6 this morning! He now stays in his crib for a good 20 minutes just playing, he doesn't wake up and need to eat immediately as he used to.

Here he is hanging out on the patio swing. He's SO happy when he's outside



Here's Carson and I, his shirt says it all.

After eating lunch:

Being held by Grandma in her garden:



I'm really struggling with finding him something to wear to his baptism this summer. It would be different if he was only going to be 3 months old being baptized, then I could put him in a baptism dress. But, he's going to be 7 months. And Carson is a real BOY boy, so no dress for him. I found a pair of pants from the Gap yesterday, so I picked them up and am leaving the tags on in case I find something better. They are a crepe type of material with a nice light lining inside (if it's a super hot day I can just take them off after the church) so I can just pair it with a nice crisp short sleeved button up shirt, and a white hat and we are set. What do you think of the pants?

4 comments:

Marathon Someday said...

Gorgeous pictures!!!! I love the one of you and him - you both look wonderful.

I don't know anything about baptisms (seeing as I'm East Indian), but I'm guessing they're fairly formal? If that's the case, the pants would be great - except the pockets on the side do make them look cargo-ish and a bit casual. But again - I know nothing about baptisms, so ignore me if I'm wrong!

Christy said...

There are definitely some baptisms that are quite formal, but ours is going to be non-formal (Jeff and I are very casual people) so I'm thinking they are OK. But if it were formal, you're right the pockets dress it down.

Marathon Someday said...

Okay - sorry!

Marathon Someday said...

We're kindred spirits, Christy. I just had 3 squares of dark chocolate for breakfast - it was the first thing I could grab for this morning, and Raiya was being fussy.

The sun is shining brightly - here is to a fantastic week!