Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Back from the doctor

And Carson is given the thumb's up for travelling this Friday. There is no ear infection (phew!) and he has a little bit of croup but it sounds to be clearing up. The dry patches are excema and we were given a prescription for a topical steroid cream and a list of a few creams we could get that are unscented, sensitive skin that would be good for him. Don't keep him in the bath too long (just 5 minutes) and get the cream on ASAP. We normally give him a longer bath, just cause he loves it so much, but I'm good about getting the moisturizer on him right away because I do the same with myself - cream goes on much better when your skin is a little wet. And we always say, Carson is just a little person, so what's good for us is good for him.

I'm happy that he's healthy. He had fallen asleep in my arms in the waiting room (our appt was at 1:30, right during his nap time) and he woke up, on the doctor's table, first person he saw was the doctor and he... smiled. Laughed when the stethescope was on his chest and was smiling at the doctor the whole time. What baby does that? I love him!

4 comments:

Marathon Someday said...

That's cute that Carson loves his doctor (except for when it's needle time, right?).

Thanks SOOOOO much for the e-mail - just in case I don't get a chance to respond in a timely manner, wanted to wish you a WONDERFUL trip!!!!! Can't wait to see your pics when you're back. Have fun, you guys!

desajair said...

Was Aveeno Baby on the list? That's what I've been using on Kailey's neck and it seems to help alot.

I'm glad the little guy is ok! Enjoy your trip on Friday!

Christy said...

Aveeno baby wasn't on the list. I ended up with Cliniderm (one of them on the list) and I can't remember the name of the other two, one was like Glaso something or other. The list was on the prescription slip which the pharmacist took. His skin looks better already this morning. His cough and nose is worse though :(

Thanks! I'm sure we will have a fabulous time!

desajair said...

Hmmm, thinking I'm trekking to Shopper's today to pick me up some Cliniderm!

The nurses at the well-baby clinic were the ones who suggested Aveeno Baby to me. It works, but I have to put it on a million times a day.