Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Oh (Part 2)

John is coming over tonight to get me to sign a few things and we are opening up Carson's RESP. I got his SIN today so we can do all the paperwork. I have been saving all his child tax care cheques and they are ready to be deposited. Then we'll set up all the PACs to top up his little savings account to get the gov't to contribute their $400.

We discussed it and researched it enough to know that yes indeed we will set up an RESP. It can be used for any type of secondary education so even if Carson isn't university-bound, he can go to school for any number of things (college, trade school etc...) and if he doesn't - there are still options.

We got his birth certificate yesterday and it's so cute! Ok, so maybe cute isn't the perfect word, but it's a birth certificate! For our son! Crazy :)

Ha, can you tell Carson was asleep for 4 hours this afternoon? I wrote 4 posts. Jeff's just putting him down now and I'm waiting to go to the gym until I'm sure he's done for good.

He stayed awake in his crib for about half and hour and then went to sleep. I'm following his lead. Nite.

3 comments:

Marathon Someday said...

Okay - please, please, please knock on wood after you read this so that I don't get cursed. For the last two days, Raiya has had two hour naps in the afternoon. Everytime I speak aloud about her good sleep, I get screwed over...so I hope that this time, I don't. Isn't that awesome? And night is getting better too - not perfect, not even ideal - but better.

Marathon Someday said...

And one more question - do you know anything about the bugaboo? Other than the fact that it's insanely expensive? Do any of your friends have them, did you research when you were pg, etc? Seeing as I'm an urban dweller, my stroller at the moment (Peg Perego Pliko 3) sucks. I'm contemplating on biting the bullet and buying the bugaboo, but I'd love some opinions....it's a lot of dosh for gal on mat leave, you know...

Anonymous said...

You're freaking adoreable Christy! (PAC) I think that's amazing that you have thought about and are actually following through on RESPs. I'm learning more from your blogs/experience than any other new mother...things I hope that I remember when I get there :)
Kerri