Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Poor little gaffer

He's just so tired. He didn't nap much yesterday and only got home to bed around 9:30. He woke up at 4:00 this morning just screaming. He absolutely wanted nothing to do with nursing so I had to make a bottle. Youch. Then he went back to sleep to 8am. The rest of the day didn't involve much sleeping (except an hour nap at Carrie's), so this afternoon I had to let him cry. That was hard. I always said I would do it, but the chance just never came up. A few times we've had to let him cry for about 5 minutes and then he would fall asleep. But this afternoon we knew he was tired. He would fall asleep while I was nursing him, and as soon as I put him in his crib he'd wake up and cry. But his eyes were closed. And he was turning from side to side. He just couldn't get that comfy spot. About 40 minutes later he went to sleep. He would cry - scream - be quiet - moan - cry - moan on and off the whole time. I turned the monitors off cause I couldn't bare to listen to it. He finally slept for about and hour and went down super easy tonight, without so much as a peep.

Jeff and I are watching the hockey game, I have a load of laundry on, and I'm searching for a yummy recipe for dinner tomorrow night. I think Rakhi and Shamil are coming over.

Oh - and moms? Today's Parent is AWESOME. I have a subscription and absoloutely love it. I know I'll keep them and refer back to them later on, lots of the information is for toddlers and beyond but they have great articles, recipes, advice, coupons, everything. And in this month's issue, you can sign up for a 3 year subscription for $46.00 - totally worth the money.

2 comments:

desajair said...

I took your advice a couple weeks back and got a subscription to Today's Parent. I'm still waiting for my first issue!

Christy said...

Oohh you're gonna love it!