Monday, May 01, 2006

Sad and frusterated....

My running partner signed up for the half marathon, I'm a bit sad I won't be doing it this year. Yes, I know lots of people continue running while pregnant, I tried it once, it didn't feel right so I stopped. I said to myself, what's 9 months of not running when I can run for the rest of my life. But still, I'm a tad bummed.

Frusterated becuase my clothes no longer fit me. I think all my clothes fit me just right so now with a 5 lb gain, things are just too tight. I really wish I had held onto my fat clothes, they would be perfect right now! I have bought two pairs of 12 pants but they are still too big for me, I am at a horrible in between stage.

I'm in my 8th week and the baby is about 20 mm long. I wish I remember more of what I read in my pregnancy journal this morning so I could tell you more about it, but I was super tired so I will have to re-read it tonight.

I think we have decided to NOT go for the pre-natal integrated screening tests. I wouldn't want to have an amniocentesis, so what's the point of finding out I am high risk if I am not planning to do anything about it? But... then I won't have an ultrasound until 20 weeks :(

I have a coldsore and apparently you can't put on any topical cream so I'm trying Peter's method of putting nail polish remover on it... it stings a bit but I'll wait and see the progress by tomorrow and report back.

2 comments:

desajair said...

OUCH! (the nail polish remover!)

Don't be bummed about the not running. You could always try it again after you get over the tired stage. Even just a short 2 mile slow jog would keep you in the same shape... Even brisk walking will do!

I'm so anxious about the race--how the heck do I get downtown on the day of? Where to park? Eeek!

This is so cool hearing about your pregnancy. 8)

Christy said...

But it's disappearing (my coldsore!)

I got Jeff to drive me downtown the day of the race, but if you get there early enough there will be spots on the street or some of the citipark places. Now that Laurie mentioned it, maybe the World Exchange Plaza? I always got there super early so I could chek out where things were, and start to calm my nerves (and go to the washroom 12098123 times)

It's so exciting!!!