Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Longggg weekend

My in-laws came in from PEI last Wednesday, stayed with us for a few days and we all left for Toronto Friday morning for my brother in law's wedding.

It was a great weekend (lots of shopping, family visits, food etc....) but boy am I tired today!

I turned the big 3-1 yesterday and it was the worst birthday ever. Ok, that was a bit of an exageration. I was just longing to be at home, and we only got home from Toronto around 9. I was in bed at 9:15 and just grumpy. No one should spend their birthday in a car.

So my wonderful husband told me today was my birthday too.

I had a dr's appt this morning, only gained 2 lbs since my last visit (so a month ago) and only a total of 6 lbs since I got pregnant, but up about 18 since last November (I gained a whole bunch over Christmas). Oh well - my goal to not hit 200 is still within view and I am positive I won't gain that much.

There was blood in my urine at my last appt, so he ran the test again and it came out fine. All the other tests were good, so I got the thumb's up that everything seems on the up and up so far. That's the last time I'll see my regular doctor, next time I meet with my obstetrician, on June 22nd. Then I'll be having my first ultrasound - so very excited for that.

I can't remember if I have commented on my acne on here yet. I have always had pretty good skin, never acne, I can't even remember the last time I had a pimple. Now? It's insane - I have them all over, my face is so oily and I'm all blotchy. It's yucky. I am being pretty good to my skin now, I exfoliate (but not with an abrasive exfoliant, it's a non-abrasive) and have been using this amazing Aveda cream (super $$ but my face is worth it) so it's not as bad today.... but everyone says your skin is wonderful during pregnancy... mine isn't!!

2 comments:

desajair said...

You're lucky you've always had good skin. Mine was always so horrendous that ever since I can remember I've been on the uber drugs. "the pill" was a godsend for me and I haven't looked back since I was 20! Now that I'm off it I have awful problems again.

I've been using ROC, and it seems to be doing the trick without having to result to my normal retinue of prescription drugs, creams and solutions. (When i say I have bad acne, I ain't fooling!)

What is this Aveda you speak of? LOL

Christy said...

I would try ProActive - my sister in law works for Aveda and she was getting having skin problems so she started using ProActive (order it online) and she said her face has improved....

I may be exagerating when I say bad acne, because I've never had it before... but maybe it was the pill that was keeping it at bay???