Monday, May 08, 2006

Acid Reflux?

Never, until now, have I known what a horrible infliction this is to have! Jeff always complains about acid reflux and pops a few Rolaids every few days but I never quite understood what a nasty nasty thing it is to have.

Apparently, a side effect of being pregnant is an increase in aid reflux. And boy is it horrible! Last week I was craving greasy foods, so ate 2 big bags of ketchup chips over the span of a week. Saturday I woke up with this vile taste in my mouth and it lasted throughout the day. It clued into me what it probably was and I feasted on J's Rolaids for the rest of the weekend.

Yesterday morning it was gone, but then last night I ate about 10 cheesies so I had a Tums (had to buy a big bottle to keep with me) and this morning I am feeling much better.

The good thing about all this is now the idea of fried foods makes me nauseous cause I know what havoc it can bring!

I found out some great news! My sister who, in January, lost her baby at 5 months, told me she was pregnant and due January 1st!!! That's 3 weeks past my due date and I am ECSTATIC! Firstly, ecstatic that they are pregnant again, and more on a selfish note, ecstatic that I will have someone to play with for the whole year of my maternity leave! Someone to talk to who will be going through the exact same thing as me!

My only issue with this is Nadia is a perfect size 0. When she was pregnant last time she had this gorgeus pregnant belly and was one of those cute cute pregnant ladies. I am just getting fat - all over, and my always existant tummy is just getting bigger. So if we stand next to each other, they will think I am like 6 months past her! Tee hee, just kidding (well, kind of). I'll get over it :)

I have to post a picture of my tummy soon, it is definitely protruding some and I kind of like it.

9 weeks - only 31 left to go.

:)

1 comment:

Christy_Ann said...

Hi Christy - my name's Christy! I have a baby boy who's 6 months old. Luckily for me I breezed through my pregnancy, but I did have a very small amount of reflux. Not fun. Check out my blog for some pic of my big ol' belly. Good luck!!!