Friday, May 26, 2006

Baby is now a sex!

Apparently, the baby is now actually a boy or a girl. All the 'parts' are formed. Part of me would LOVE to know, but the bigger part of me (and right now, that's a pretty big part) wants it to be a surprise.

I'm really only comfortable now in the next size up clothing - I think I will hit Old Navy this weekend to pick up some cheap summer weekend clothes. Last night we had Kaethe and Peter over and I didn't have any shorts that fit except these horrible gym shorts from when I was my biggest (it was either those or my size 6 shorts) so I put them much to my own disgust. Right then and there I knew this weekend had to involve shopping.

And I dont' want to spend alot of money on 'in-between' clothes.

Thyme Maternity is SO much more expensive than Motherhood - and the clothes at Motherhood are younger.... My wonderful in-laws gave me a GIFT (not birth - thanks Anne!) certificate from Thyme so I can't wait to fit into maternity clothes so I can try things on! Everyone says it's such a great feeling when you can finally fit into maternity clothes because they are super comfy... I can't wait!

3 comments:

Anne said...

Your in-laws gave you a birth certificate eh? ;)

Christy said...

HAHAHAH

Lordy Lordy, it's Friday, can you tell?

Christy_Ann said...

Hi there. Thanks for commenting on my blog. It's true about maternity clothes - they are super comfy. I got most of mine at Kmart. The styles weren't bad at all and I didn't want to spend a fortune on clothing I would only wear for such a short time.
Aaarrrgh, the epidural. Like you, I was totally freaking out about it. I go dizzy thinking about the smallest injection! But take it from me, when your labour is advanced and you are screaming for mercy any fear will fly straight out the window and you will be begging them to do it. And they will. And it will be fine. Just focus on the fact that you can then enjoy the delivery of your baby and not be out of you mind with pain.
PS: I felt I was having a boy too - and I did. Mother's intuition is a very powering thing!