Tuesday, May 09, 2006

I think...

My weight gain has slowly tapered off, I think I may have just gained that first 5 lbs right off the bat and now I'm OK for a bit...

My clothes are still fitting me (not my skinnier clothes) and it's good that my weight has fluctuated so much over the years because now I have clothes ranging from size 6 to 10. I had to buy a few pairs of size 12 pants but that will be towards the middle - end of the summer I hope :)

I went to the Sens game last night (they ALWAYS lose when I go to the game) , we had seats in the 2nd row in Level 100 and I was RIGHT BESIDE the Sens players box so I could see them so up close - it was great. Except, when the puck was at the other end of the rink it was hard to see. Jeff and I joked that I should go up to Chris Phillips (who was blocking my view) and politely ask him to sit down.... I doubt that would go over so well :)

Anyways, the point of all this - we ran into one of Carrie's friends who always arranges our Girls Night Out! And found out she's pregnant... with TWINS! I just about died. I haven't had an ultrasound yet so I don't know what lies in store for us but I'm hoping for a single baby inside. I saw what Carrie went through and while I love those twins to death, the first two years are pretty much insane! I think my hands will be full enough with one baby let alone two.

Note to self: Call doctor today to cancel IPS and ask about headaches (I've been getting one a day for the past week and it sucks)

But I have to use my cell phone and go outside to call the doctor because only one person here at work knows I'm pregnant and we are in cubicles (oh joy) so everyone can hear everyone else talk - that would be a sure fire way of letting the cat out of the bag.

3 more weeks and then I will tell them.

2 comments:

desajair said...

I can't wait to here how you tell work... are you just telling your boss? Telling everyone?

Christy said...

Desa - I will tell my boss on the 5th of June and will probably tell the three girls I work with the following Wednesday (we have a weekly meeting so I will just throw it in somehow)....

Everyone else can just think I am getting fat!

Alea - I used to think like that too, but you will be surprised and who comes out of the woodwork when you decide to get pregnant!